Careers at TechSite
Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer with Commissioning Experience
TechSite is looking for a Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer with Commissioning Experience. A PE is preferred and experience in the Mission Critical field (i.e. data centers, control centers, etc.) is a plus. As an individual or as an integral part of an engineering team, you should be able to:
- Manage design and commissioning projects including coordination of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Perform HVAC facility condition assessments.
- Develop solutions to solve customer’s Mission Critical-HVAC concerns.
- Create designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic and working drawings, develop details and edit specifications for precision HVAC system solutions.
- Create and update documentation directly, when needed, using AutoCAD software. Revit experience is a plus.
- Oversee the work of other engineers and designers to meet project deadlines.
- Provide field support during installation, testing and start-up of HVAC equipment in the field,
- Work with construction project management to develop overall schedules and manage time and tasks for HVAC work.
- Evaluate contractual commissioning requirements and instruction guidelines in accordance with the needs of the project.
- Write or contribute to the creation of quotations for mechanical design or commissioning services.
- Develop Mechanical Commissioning plans based on customer requirements.
- Show familiarity with the 5 levels of commissioning commonly accepted in the Data Center-industry and with the LEED Enhanced Commissioning Process.
- Supervise onsite commissioning activities.
- Prepare and maintain records of commissioning site observations, testing processes and checklists.
- Outline procedures, norms and details for writing the Systems Manual.
- Identify and propose solutions for items in a commissioning issues logs.
- Compile commissioning report data for final customer documentation.
- Supervise HVAC operational training when required with the customer’s functional staff.
- Pursue professional development through training, solicit feedback on personal performance and utilize constructive criticism towards improvement.